Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Natural Health Care

A friend of mine at work has been seeing a natural heathcare doctor for about 5 weeks now. I forgot that she said she was doing this until I saw how much weight she was losing. I asked her about it and she did not have enough good things to say about this doctor and the programe. She has a few different health issues and going to this doctor not only has helped her energy level, and losing weight, but it has also helped her with some of these other issues as well. I was then curious about it and she gave me one of their cards. I went to their website www.covenantnaturalhealthcare.com to see what I could find out. I was a bit skeptical at first, but the more I read the less skeptical I became.

For a few years now I have been trying to eat better and knew that God designed our bodies to live off the land and not from all the chemically altered and processed foods we consume today. Everytime you turn around you hear about someone with cancer. It is my belief most of our health issues are caused by the way we eat. This doctor designs a program for you that works with your own body and wants you to eat real food "as designed by God." That is what they say on their website. That was the statement that really got me to consider this program. I do not have a whole lot of health issues, but I know I should be eating better than I am and my food intake should be meat that is not chemically stimlated, vegetables that are free of pesticides or whatever else it is they treat them with to make them huge. Our bodies were not designed to eat things we can't pronounce.

I did call the doctors office and set up an appointment. The earliest one I could get was Sept. 2 2009, so I have a little less than a month before I get started. I am going to post updates as I go. I have also referred a few friends from work and we all are going about the same time. I am going to ask for their input as they go, so you will get as much information as possible to see if this truly works. My husband also has a friend on the program and he loves it and says he is doing great and feels great. 3 out of the 5 of us are diabetics, so I will be asking them a lot of questions to see if this will help you in your diabetic walk.

I am very excited about this program and have high hopes that this is going to give me my energy back and fix anything, I don't know about yet, that may be wrong with my health. I am sure this will prevent me from having any future problems that could pop up by eating the way I do now.

I asked my husband if he would do it and at first he wanted to see what it does for me, but when he talked to his friend about it, he is leaning more towards starting it soon.

I will let you know if he does.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting Christy. I've definately had similar desires to spend more time investigating nonprocessed options and to create a lifestyle of cleaner consumption : ) Looking forward to hearing what you'll have to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Kim. I am looking forward to sharing what I learn. One of my friends has her first appointment on Monday the 24th, so I will post something about it next Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. My first appointment is Sept. 2, so then I will have a first hand look about what tests this doctor does and how he decides what works well for your body and what doesn't.

    Talk to you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete