Thursday, September 3, 2009

Early Update

I am very excited to be able to leave you this update early. Unfortunately I came down with a cold yesterday after my appointment and have been up most of the night. I had to stay home from work today, so I am posting my update early.

Wow!!! That is all I can think of right now. I learned some things yesterday about my body that no other doctor has picked up on. The first thing we did yesterday was of course fill out a bunch of paperwork. Then I watched a video explaining how the "Nutrition Response Testing " works. Next they took me into do the Heart Rate variability analysis. My heart is in very good condition, but this test showed that my energy level is very low, which would explain why I am tired all of the time. They said my energy level was in the range of someone who is in their 50's or 60's. They will work on getting my energy level where it needs to be.

Now for the "Nutritional Response Testing" - The doctor was very impressed on how healthy I was for being a Type 1 Diabetic for 27 years. He thought my pancreas would be asking for help, but it is my liver. He found fungus in my body that is making me crave sweets and 2 parasites, one big and one little. He also discovered that my choice of bras was affecting my heart. I thought that was very interesting. I had a wire bra on yesterday and the wire was affecting my heart, so I got rid of it when I came home. Thank goodness it was the only one I had. During the testing he used food to see what my body is allergic to and what my body needed. As he went through them it seems as if I will not be able to eat a whole lot. He joked that I would have to go on a diet. From what I remember, I can't have any grains, such as any kind of rice or corn, no wheat or anything else that is a grain. He tested me for dairy products and I can't have them either. That would be milk and cheese of course. He did say that I could eat organic eggs. He tested me for regular eggs and organic. My body does not like regular eggs. Next he used some supplements to see what my body needs to make it healthy. He did not fill me in on which ones I will be taking. I will get that next week.

I am a very different case from most of his patients because I am on an insulin pump. He said that he can't wait to see how everything goes and if in time we can improve my pancreas function. Don't get me wrong he can't cure diabetes, but apparently your pancreas does more than just produce insulin.

I have one other person that is a type 2 diabetic and she goes next week. I can't wait to see how things go with her.

I will be keeping track of my blood glucose readings through next Tuesday, so we can see how eating this way is going to improve them. I will then post them. I know in just a few days from when I start this plan I will be adjusting my basal rates (background insulin). My levels should be more controllable since I will not be eating any processed high starchy or sweet foods.

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment